The hundreds of individuals and corporate institutions who have interacted with Solomon Irungu say that he is simply the best. He has worked with different corporate institutions and individuals supporting them develop their businesses and personal brands in different capacities.
At the Kenya Climate Innovation Center
Supported more than 40 KCIC clients in branding, communication, and publicity in a span of six months in 2019 and revitalised the communication and knowledge management section of the organization which enhanced engagement between the organization and diverse stakeholders.
Was part of the team that launched the AgriBiz Programme, a partnership between KCIC, European Union, Danida and Food and Agriculture Organisation
During his Kiambu County Government era:
- Established the public information and communication section in Kiambu County Government. Worked with over 15 communication officers and 10 departments and successfully mitigated crisis in the county as well as established and maintained a public image.
- Establishment of county’s social media platforms: Interactive website www.kiambu.go.ke and Facebook and Twitter account with over 200,000 active followers for the County and for governors William Kabogo and Ferdinard Waititu.
- Was part of the Information Communication Technology (ICT) advisory and policy development team that oversaw the digitization of revenue collection for the county government and the approval of building plans in conjunction with World Bank (eDAMS).
- Launched the first Kiambu County Government newspaper “Kiambu Monitor” now “Kiambu Times”.
- Led in the monitoring of government projects monitoring via a digital Projects Management System and GIS.
- Part of the team that successfully organized the UN-HABITAT Kiambu Open Street Week and Non-motorized Travel (NMT).
During his time at the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi’s Caritas Nairobi:
Solomon Irungu is a reflective and Socratic type of communicator. He is a communication professional by virtue of having an inborn talent in communication, training and vast experience in different fields of communication.
Eminence John Cardinal Njue
I worked closely with His Eminence John Cardinal Njue, the Arch Bishop in packaging and disseminating different communication and knowledge management products.
Communication, and Public Complaints
Established the communication office and developed the in-house Editorial, Communication, and Public Complaints and Feedback Policies.
Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi
Organized the first and second Caritas Nairobi annual fundraising dinners.
Caritas Microfinance Bank.
Was part of the team that worked on the establishment and eventual launch of the Caritas Microfinance Bank.